March 16, 2020
Dear Valued Patients and Families:
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, we are offering an update on how our team at Absolute Home Health is proactively monitoring and preparing to ensure the safety and quality of care that you and our healthcare teams deserve. Here’s what we’re committed to doing during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Monitoring the health status of our patients and staff to prevent unnecessary exposures.
- Mitigating transmission by screening, providing treatment, and transfer to high-level care, only when appropriate.
- Actively monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and distributing necessary resources and updates.
- Ensuring our staff has up-to-date information to respond adequately to COVID-19 concerns.
Please be prepared to undergo important screening questions at the start of your next home visit. These questions will help us prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can expect these kinds of questions:
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, and sore throat?
- In the last 14 days, have you been in contact with someone under investigation for COVID-19, or are ill with respiratory illness?
- Are you residing in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring?
Lastly, our thoughts are with those who have been affected around the world, and in our communities by this terrible outbreak. We ask that you continue to safe-guard yourself from illness with these tips.
Mike McConnell, Vice President